Port of Immingham
The Port of Immingham is the UK's largest port by tonnage, handling around 55 million tonnes.
- Immingham’s proximity to major trade routes mean it’s strategically positioned less than 24 hours away from a European market of 320 million people.
- The Port of Immingham modern rail infrastructure accommodates 25% of all UK rail freight (that’s more than 300 rail freight movements a week), while congestion-free, high speed road links provide efficient access to the UK’s industrial heartland.
- Humber International Terminals can accommodate vessels carrying cargoes of up to 130,000 tonnes.
- Together, the Port of Immingham and Grimsby form the largest trading gateway of anywhere in the UK – collectively moving around 56millon tonnes of cargo and £10billion of goods each year!
- The Humber’s ports are particularly popular with regional distribution centres across the M1/M62 corridor, the increase in which contributed to a 9% growth for the ports of Hull and Immingham in a single year.
Shipping & Logistics
- DFDS is the busiest shipping company in Northern Europe. Its Immingham terminal covers 700,000m2 of land, spilt between two terminals and has on-site rail. They provide warehousing facilities and offer integrated shipping and logistics solutions.
- Around 2.1m tonnes of cargo is transported through RMS port operations, carrying everything from containers to timber.
- NTEX specialises in direct services to Scandinavia and mainland Europe, as well as air-frieght/ deep-sea shipment worldwide.
- East Trans provides logistical expertise for regional and national manufactures from three Stallingborough warehouses.
- Eimskip’s UK headquarters are based in Immingham, have 63 offices in 20 countries across four continents specialising in the global movement of temperature-controlled cargo by land, sea and air.
- PD Ports offer industry-leading handling, processing and storage services at its Immingham site, with 6,000sq m warehousing space. PD Ports offer a range of added value services from container de-vanning to transport.
- 200,000 passengers pass through nearby Humberside Airport which operates an essential aviation cargo and logistics hub.
Education & Training
- Modal Training, a £7m specialist training centre for the Maritime, Offshore, Ports and Logistics Sectors uses state-of-the-art simulators for tailored training and development.
Space to Grow
- Immingham and Grimsby’s sites occupy prime development positions.
- BAE Systems, Anglia Cargo, Hilton, Henderson Insurance and Eastern Airways have all based at the Humberside Airport Business Park.
If you would like any further information about the Port of Immingham please visit: