Port of Goole
As the UK's most inland port, Goole is ideally situated for access to the country's transport infrastructure. Located on the River Ouse, some 50 miles from the North Sea and less than two miles from the M62, Goole is only 30 minutes' drive from the industrial areas of West and South Yorkshire.
- The UK’s most inland port, ABP’s Port of Goole’s unique selling point is its immediate proximity to key roads and the industrial areas of West and South Yorkshire. It also has its own dedicated rail-freight terminal.
- The port is capable of handling almost every type of general cargo equating to 2m tonnes each year.
- The port has substantial storage facilities, with around 20,000m2 of covered storage – including tank-storage facilities designed specifically for imported vegetable oils.
Shipping & Logistics
- Danbrit, based in Goole are perfectly positioned to service both UK and oversees customers, offering a wide range of specialist logistics services to organisations worldwide.
- Ships agency; Carlbom Shipping handle over 15m tonnes of cargo each year, and provide stevedoring, crew management and logistic and warehousing services.
- Hes Humber Bulk Terminal, a dry-bulk import and export facility, has eight acres of undeveloped land- providing ample opportunity to expand its storage capacity of 10,000 tonnes per day.
- Recent re-development has seen Glews Services become home to a 7-lane HGV refuelling station, a Truck Shop and 60 overnight parking bays for HGVs.
Space to grow
- Ozone Business Park has land available for investment. Located near the Port of Goole, is home to DPD, TNT and Warburtons.
- Capitol Park, a multimodal terminal is in the works utilising current transport modes, inland waterways and a link road through the industrial estate and to the port.
If you would like any further information about the Port of Goole please visit: