Education & Training
The Humber is investing in a skilled and productive workforce. Providers include: HETA, HOTA, Engineering UTC North Lincolnshire, Ron Dearing UTC, Hull College, Catch, Siemens, Wilberforce College, East Riding College, Bishop Burton College, HFR Solutions and University of Hull.
- Modal Training, a £7m world-class state-of-the-art training facility, provides simulator training for ports, maritime, offshore and logistics sector.
- Catch is an industry led partnership supporting the process, energy, engineering and renewable industries. They operate a £12m training facility offering industry authentic training and assessment that includes a live three storey process plant with control room, bunded tank farm and process simulator.
- The Operations & Maintenance Centre of Excellence is a partnership between the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult and the University of Hull which connects offshore wind farm owners, operators, supply chain, industry leaders, regulators and academia to drive solution-focused innovation and improvements in operations and maintenance for the offshore wind industry.
- A catalyst for collaboration, AURA brings together industry partners, academia, local and national government and other organisations to harness and drive innovation in the low carbon and renewable energy sector.
- The proposed Yorkshire Energy Park will combine on-site clean energy generation, data storage, education, R&D alongside business in a high quality campus setting.